Our monthly newsletter will be online each month to notify parents of upcoming events and studio information. Please read newsletters each month. One of our goals at WDC is to keep everyone informed as much as possible, read through our monthly newsletter to stay up to date of studio information.
If you do not have access to the internet and need a copy, please ask at the front desk.
All dancers participating in our annual recital (June 4th-10th) are required to make a $40 costume payment by October 15th (per class they are participating in). There will be a second costume payment due on November 15th — $35 per class they are participating in ($25 due for tots classes). And a final costume payment due on December 15th — $50 payment due per student in classes with costume totals of $125.
Payments will be run automatically on the due dates. Costume payments will be nonrefundable after December 1st.
Boys classes’ costume fee will be announced in class after winter break.
Please be sure to refer to our fall information packet for important dates and recital information.
As a reminder, all accounts will be required to have a credit card on file and be signed up for automatic monthly payments for tuition. You will still have the option to pay at the front desk with cash, check or a different card if the payment is received before monthly tuition payments are processed automatically on the 3rd of each month. Please let us know if you have any questions.
As a reminder, ballet shoe strings should be cut short and tucked into the shoe. They should not be tied in a bow. Please trim your shoe strings to about 2 inches long so they can easily be tucked in. Thank you!
MEA — Classes will be held during MEA break (October 19th-21st).
Did you know?
- Free WiFi is offered to WDC customers! Connect to: dance4 Password: wdcdance
- We have extra shoes at the front counter to borrow in case you forget your dance bag? Please return them at the end of dance class.
- We have extra leotards and tights available for our little dancers to borrow in case of an accident (Just ask at the front desk)
- There is a diaper changing deck in the unisex bathroom. Please use the provided diaper pail.
- There are baby changing supplies at the front desk if you need them.
- There are books and coloring supplies by the fish tank to help keep siblings occupied.
- There is a bulletin board to sell and buy used shoes next to boutique door.
- Please be mindful of the volume level of the electronics being used in the lobby. Please keep the volume low or consider using headphones/earbuds when possible. Thank you.
Waiting Room Etiquette
For the safety and comfort of everyone, we would like to remind you of some guidelines.
- Please throw away trash to help keep the lobby clean.
- Running & rough play is not allowed.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Please help us keep the noise level down in the lobby by encouraging your children to use ‘their inside voices’.
- As cold weather approaches, please use coat hook areas for coats and boots.
Dancers may from time to time want to bring in treats for their dance class (holidays, birthdays, etc…). However, we ask that you DO NOT bring in items with frosting as they tend to create a lot of mess in the lobby. We also ask that you avoid home baked treats of any kind and items with nuts (for allergy reasons). Dancers may choose to bring in items that are prepackaged such as fruit snacks, bagged snacks, candy or non food items. Another option is to bring in packaged store bought cookies without frosting by placing them in a clear plastic bag. We appreciate your help with keeping the dance studio clean for others. Thank you!!!
Label, label, label: Please label all of your child’s dance shoes and dance wear.
Mabel’s Labels – Help your kids cut back on lost items and stay organized this school year by purchasing a nifty set of labels from Mabel’s Labels! Use the link to access the Mabel’s Labels website. Our Darby’s Dancers Program will receive a portion of the proceeds from each purchase.
Recital DVDs/Videos are at the front desk. If you ordered one last spring and have not picked it up please stop by the desk.
Just a friendly reminder to be aware of where you are parking around the studio. On the south side of the building, other businesses have spots close to their entrances reserved – no parking will be allowed in these spots for WDC families (green/red signs are posted). Also, on the north side of the building, please do not park in front of the garage doors. We understand parking can be tricky on some evenings and we very much appreciate your cooperation and understanding. You can also park on the street that you turn onto, as you turn off of Rivertown Drive, if the parking lot is full.
Also, please view the graphic below and read the important parking information about our new drop-off/pick up spot and the flow of traffic in our parking lot. Thank you!
* You will not be allowed to drop off or pick up dancers in front of the doors.
* When picking up you will not be able to wait at that spot if your dancer is not there and ready to be picked up. Please plan to circle the building again or find a parking spot and wait until they are ready to come out to the car.
Please help keep our dancers safe by following this parking plan. Thank you!
Halloween Parties in Dance Classes:
Students are invited to wear a Halloween costume to their class between Tuesday, Oct 24th EVENING through Tuesday, October 31st MORNING. Please make sure that the costume does not restrict movement so that students can still participate in dance class. We will have Halloween treats too! As a reminder, there will be NO EVENING CLASSES on Tuesday, October 31st.
YDE Fundraising Opportunities
Are you interested in fundraising to help with dance expenses? YDE (Youth Dance and Enrichment) is here to help you! YDE members have the opportunity to fund raise by selling items (in the past wreaths/greenery and butter braids have been sold) or working at several of the sports venues. Please contact Karen Solstad for more information regarding fund raising opportunities.
If you’re not a member of YDE but would like to become one you may pick up a participation form at the front desk or online HERE. You will also need to fill out a questionnaire, which is available HERE. Cost for membership is $10/year and is required in order to do any type of fund raising through the association. If you have questions, please contact Karen Solstad at email@example.com. Thank you!
Boutique Special for October:
40% off any tutu, skirt, shorts, leggings or dance pants with purchase of any leotard (at regular price). Discount does not apply to sweatpants or warm up pants.
Hair accessories including bows, barrettes, scrunchies headbands, etc… are BUY 2 GET 1 FREE!
Valid for the month of October.
Also, check out our new WDC apparel in the boutique including tank tops, long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts and pants!
“Dance to the music of your dreams; The steps will bring you joy.” – Anonymous